[nfb-talk] Blind Guy gets New Job

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Wed Jul 18 08:31:52 UTC 2012

Thomas J. Wlodkowski Joins Comcast Cable as Vice President of Accessibility

PHILADELPHIA, PA  -  July 16, 2012

Comcast Cable, one of the nation's leading
providers of entertainment, information and
communications products and services, announced
today that Thomas J. Wlodkowski has joined the
company as Vice President of Accessibility. In
this newly created role, Mr. Wlodkowski will
develop a strategic plan focused on the usability
of Comcast’s products and services by people with
disabilities and pursue opportunities  to further
enrich the customer experience for the disability
community. He reports to Charlie Herrin, Senior
Vice President, Product Design and Development, Comcast Cable.

“Comcast is developing new and innovative
communication technologies at a rate that is
faster than ever before. It is extremely
important that our products and services are
easily available and functional for everyone to
be able to use these technologies that have
become essential for communication, education and
entertainment,” said Mr. Herrin. “We are thrilled
to have Tom join our team as he brings a wealth
of knowledge that will help us to better serve
our customers with disabilities through our new and current products.”

Mr. Wlodkowski joins Comcast from AOL, Inc. where
he led accessibility for the past decade. Among
his many accomplishments there, he oversaw the
launch of AIM Relay, which allows people who are
deaf, hard of hearing or speech disabled to place
phone calls to their friends and family through
telecommunication relay services.

Mr. Wlodkowski holds a Bachelor of Arts degree
from Boston College. He currently sits on the
Board of Trustees for the American Foundation for
the Blind and is a member of the Loudoun County
Disability Services Board. He previously served
on the FCC Consumer Advisory Committee and the
Board of Trustees for the National Braille Press.
Mr. Wlodkowski will be relocating to the
Philadelphia area with his wife and son.

About Comcast Cable
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK)
(<http://www.comcast.com>www.comcast.com) is one
of the nation's leading providers of
entertainment, information and communications
products and services. Comcast is principally
involved in the operation of cable systems
through Comcast Cable and in the development,
production and distribution of entertainment,
news, sports and other content for global
audiences through NBCUniversal. Comcast Cable is
one of the nation's largest video, high-speed
Internet and phone providers to residential and
business customers. Comcast is the majority owner
and manager of NBCUniversal, which owns and
operates entertainment and news cable networks,
the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, local
television station groups, television production
operations, a major motion picture company and theme parks.
©2012 Comcast | <http://www.cmcsk.com>Investor
Relations |
<http://www.comcast.com/corporate/about/pressroom/pressroom.ashx>Press
Room | <http://blog.comcast.com/>Corporate Blog |