[nfb-talk] Teaching Braille, to the elderly

Powers, Terry (NIH/OD/DEAS) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Mon Mar 26 20:01:01 UTC 2012

Show her your NLs player and show her how she can read on her own and her husband can do something on his own.  Maybe he might want to play cards with a friend and she can read a talking book.  For a few dollars you could get her an alarm clock or a watch.  There is a lot of small things you can do for them.  Just your companionship is a big help.  It lets her know that blind people can do more than just sit in a chair, all day and be read to.

Terry Powers