[nfb-talk] Looking for community service stories for May

Community Service Blog nfbcsblog at gmail.com
Sat May 5 22:38:36 UTC 2012

Please pass the following announcement on to anyone you think would be
interested.

May is Mental Health Month*. This month, the Community Service Group
wants to promote community involvement, social connectedness, and
mental wellness on its blog at nfbcommunityservice.wordpress.com. Once
again, the themes are fairly open, so hopefully there is something for
everyone. You are welcome to write on one or both.

1. Tell us about a project you participated in that really got you out
and about, involved with your community, and meeting people.

2. Tell us about and/or share a personal story of what you think are
some of the benefits of community service for those who serve.

You can start sending in your stories immediately. Stories should be
no more than 500 words. Stories should be submitted by May 25 to
ensure inclusion in the blog during the month of May, but this is a
month-long event. In keeping with the theme, we want to feature
stories throughout the month, so feel free to send them in any time
between now and the 25th. Send stories as an attachment or in the body
of a message to nfbcsblog at gmail.com. Be sure to include your name,
state, and a title with each submission. I look forward to reading
about your experiences.

*More information on Mental Health Month can be found at
http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/go/may.

Chris Parsons
Blog Coordinator, Community Service Group