[nfb-talk] Microsoft Works

Bill Outman woutman at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 22 02:42:36 UTC 2013

Hi, Mark.

I looked up Microsoft Works and it basically a stripped down version of
Office that was discontinued a few years back.  It was quietly replaced by
Microsoft Office 2010 Starter.  The last version was 9.0 which was fully
compatible with Vista.  Version 8 had some Windows 7 compatibility.
It was basically offered as a cheap alternative to Office.

It basically contained a word processor, spread sheet, data base manager and
calendar but had fewer features than you M. S. Works has a history going all
the way back to the DOS days.  would get in Office.

Since Jaws is a factor for us, I think you would do well to get the full
Microsoft Office suite so we know everything will mesh.  I have no idea what
support Jaws had or still would have for Microsoft Works.

Hope that information is helpful.

Bill Outman