[nfb-talk] yahoo vs gmail

Todor Fassl fassl.tod at gmail.com
Fri May 3 20:24:33 UTC 2013

On 05/02/13 14:52, Ed Meskys wrote:
> Gil (and others),
>
> Starting in December Sandy & I will try being snowbirds and will spend four months in the Research Triangle area of North Carolina. We spoke with other snow birds in our Lions Club about email, and they suggest we get addresses on something like Yahoo mail or G-mail. I have never used I.E. for email, but only Outlook Express. (My new laptop has W-7 on it, and I cannot use O.E. on it, and have been using Live Mail, which I find more annoying than O.E.)
>
> Which mail service do you recommend I use...Yahoo Mail, G Mail, or something else? What works better with JAWS?
>
> I decided to put this same question to a couple of lists to see what other recommendations I get.
>
> Thanks, Ed Meskys
It's not so much the email service as it is the email client. For
Windows, I have found Thunderbird to be the easiest to use. If you get a
gmail account, Thunderbird will configure itself for your account. Yu
should just have to give it your gmail account name and password. If you
are transitioning from Outlook Express to Thunderbird, you may struglle
a little at first. But I found that transition easier than switching to
either Outlook or Windows Live Mail.

Now that Outlook Express is gone, my favorite mail client is probably
the Mac Mail app.  But obviously, you have to have a Mac to use that.

You can also use the gmail and yahoo mail web apps in IE.