[nfb-talk] Street question

d m gina dmgina at samobile.net
Sun Nov 17 23:32:03 UTC 2013

Hello,
For the last three to four months we have had our corners blocked eight
blocks I think it is.
Hard to count past one loll.
Here is the question.
Really excited to have our freedum back again.
As you make a rite turn walking to the corner,
you go down a slope to the corner.
We make a left turn to cross the street Miles to go to Terry.
You walk down a ramp stepping onto a grade of pebbles as they have to
show you are nearing the street.
you are in a holding area if you will.
the cars go by, you walk up a ramp cross the street, going down the
other ramp, crossing the pebbles go up the ramp to the walk.
This is new for us here in Montana, I understand that they have this
kind of crossing in Washington DC.
A friend came back from there, sharing she liked this kind of crossing
better than the step down curb.
I am learnning to feel with the left foot as I go down the first ramp
to make sure that I will cross my street straight.
I was thrilled my dog picked up on this  rite away.
There was one time he had to turn me to the left a small bit, or I
would have crossed both streets.
How many states have this kind of crossing?
Where Montana is catching up with all of you?
Usually Montana is slow getting things done.
I haven't tried going to the store yet.
We had a corner where I swear to heavens the curb saw me comming
getting taller each time.
Now as I shared wwith a neighbor, we have the skate board fans loving
the new change.
Where when the lady was coming down the block I stopped to let her go by.
My dog jumped a small bit, where when he saw I was ok, he calmed quickly.
In Denver we had problems with the skate board folks wishing to chase the dogs.
I'm just praying this won't happen here.
I sure would hate to see a dog ruined because of fun.
Fun for them anyway.
Thanks,

--
--Dar