[nfb-talk] Am I on the right list?

RJ Sandefur joltingjacksandefur at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 03:20:19 UTC 2014

This is the right list. RJ
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gerardo Corripio via nfb-talk" <nfb-talk at nfbnet.org>
To: <nfb-talk at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 06, 2014 11:16 PM
Subject: [nfb-talk] Am I on the right list?

  Hi guys
Since I heard of the NFB in the 90s while living in the US, I've always
been struck by your way of seeing blindness, which is kind of my
parents' and my philosofy; I returned here to university, and also in
the hopes that based on my blindness experiences (especially with a
Psychology major), and by what I've read on your philosofy, make a
difference in the way the blind live here in Mexico. My attempt of doing
this with a local blindness organization failed! To start out with, I
didn't like the idea that they have a sighted secretary and a sighted
Psychologist, and other ideas I had seem to be very revolutionary, thus
I ended being kicked out, but my dream of having some sort of NFB like
organization is still alive! So I'd like to get to meet some of you via
EMail, and get more in-depth with the NFB philosofy, especially trying
applying it to myself. I'm deafblind, so I've got limitations that the
local blindness association took as overprotective of my parents like
can't distinguish the sound from right/left etc, thus feel unsafe
walking by myself on the streets, but my wanting to do something to
change the blind of my country is very strong! dream the local blindness
association didn't want to accept; it's as the blindness association
wanted to mold me into their way of being! thus many battles I had to
fight, but well I guess maybe my time wasn't right. Thanks for advice
you could give, and hopefully I'm on the right list?

--
Enviado desde mi lap
RompiendoBarreras espacio de psicología/Superación Personal Sábados 10PM