[nfb-talk] Happy Song at National Board Meeting

Dan Hicks danjhicks at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 18 02:11:11 UTC 2014

Fellow NFB Convention Enthusiasts,

Several people have asked me, either in person or by e-mail, to share the
lyrics to the parody of "Happy" by Pharrell Williams that I got the audience
to recite and sing at the NFB Board Meeting in Orlando. Well, it's only a
parody of the chorus, really, because we only have so much time to do the
affiliate introduction at the National Convention Board Meeting. Anyway,
here are the revised lyrics:

"Clap your hands if you want the convention to raise the roof.

Clap your hands if you feel the Federation is the truth.

Clap your hands if you know what the NFB means to you.

Clap your hands if you want to live the life you choose!"

Our new tagline, "Live the life you want," just wouldn't have rhymed, you
see.

To hear the original version, click this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

I am not the only person to parody this song. Here is Weird Al Yankovic's
take on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsWo8apgLys

You're welcome.

Dan Hicks, President