[nfb-talk] {Disarmed} Fw: Reply from Congresswoman Donna Edwards

Kenneth Chrane kenneth.chrane at verizon.net
Sat Mar 1 02:05:54 UTC 2014

Mail
----- Original Message -----
From: md04deima at mail.house.gov
To: kenneth.chrane at verizon.net
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2014 1:42 PM
Subject: Reply from Congresswoman Donna Edwards

      February 28, 2014

      Mr. Kenneth Robert Chrane

      6839 Parsons Avenue

      Baltimore, Maryland 21207-6423, MD 21146

      Dear Mr. Chrane,

      Thank you for contacting me about the National Federation of the Blind's legislative priorities for 2014. I value your insights, which allow me to better represent my constituents in Congress.

      It is unfortunate that so many members of our community with disabilities are still facing challenges in the workplace, at school, and in transportation 14 years after the passage of the Americans with Disabilities Act. I recognize these challenges and I believe the federal government should provide adequate support to ensure that all Americans have the ability to receive a good education, fair pay, and access the same resources. A disability should not impede anyone from receiving fair treatment under the law and I will work to make sure our existing standards are enforced.

      You will be pleased to know that I am a co-sponsor of H.R. 831, the Fair Wages for Workers with Disabilities Act of 2013, which is currently referred to the House Subcommittee on Workforce Protections in the House Committee on Education and the Workforce where H.R. 3505, The TEACH Act, is also currently referred. Additionally, any bills related to aviation and regulation of airlines would be considered in the Subcommittee on Aviation in the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure. While I do not serve on those subcommittees, please be assured I will keep your views in mind should the bill be considered in the full House of Representatives.

      Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me, Kenneth. I hope you will continue to stay in close touch, so that I might benefit from your thoughts and perspective. For more information about my work for the 4th Congressional District of Maryland or to subscribe to periodic e-mail updates on legislative issues, please visit my website at http://www.donnaedwards.house.gov/.

      Sincerely,

      Congresswoman Donna F. Edwards
      Member of Congress