[nfb-talk] BBC In Touch Program About Our National Convention

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at sprynet.com
Sun Aug 9 01:02:16 UTC 2015

At the invitation of Tom Bickford, one of the guests at our Sligo Creek
Chapter picnic today was Gary O'Donoghue, one of three reporters in the
Washington bureau of the BBC, who happens to be blind. His primary gig in
Washington is reporting on politics, of which there is plenty.
BBC Radio 4 also runs a program called In Touch, aimed at an audience of
blind people and others interested in our issues. Mr. O'Donoghue attended
our convention, and on July 28, his coverage of the convention was aired. He
interviewed several people, including our own Yasmin Reyazuddin and Tom
Bickford, as well as president Riccobono. I think this show's coverage of
our convention was spot on. You can hear the program using a built-in
player, or download an MP3 copy of it from

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0639w49

Let's go build the Federation!

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com