[nfb-talk] Digital NLS Player Seemingly Stuck In Info Mode

Michael Bullis bullis.michael at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 00:23:24 UTC 2015

Probably nothing you haven't already considered.
1.  Make sure the machine is reading the cartridge or thumb drive.  That's
the usual reason.  If it can't see the thumb drive or cartridge it won't
leave info mode.  Test the thumb drive by putting it in another machine or a
computer.
2.  Hold down the info button and wiggle it back and forth.  I saw one get
stuck once.
Otherwise, there's always throwing it out the window or having the library
send you another one.  These machines do strange things.  I've got one now
that can't see its own power setting so loops between low battery and power
cord connected for five minutes or so, even when it's fully charged.  Then
it settles down and is fine.