[nfb-talk] Indiana Religious Freedom Restoration Act

Aleeha Dudley blindcowgirl1993 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 19:29:37 UTC 2015

While I agree that we should stand up against discrimination against others, I feel that this law is not necessarily a good platform to do it with. Granted, it is a slippery slope, but someone who is blind, unless they have a Service Animal, usually isn't discriminated against on religious grounds. There are no religions, that I am aware of, that are specifically against blind people being in society. While this is certainly unfair and discriminatory legislation, it is not directly pointed at us. As such, I think, at least for now,  we must continue to fight other battles that are more crucial to our movement.

Sent from my iPhone