[nfb-talk] Facebook

Mark Tardif markspark at roadrunner.com
Tue Jun 7 02:42:25 UTC 2016

Thank you, Dave.

Mark Tardif
Nuclear arms will not hold you.
-----Original Message-----
From: David Andrews via nfb-talk
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2016 5:37 PM
To: NFB Talk Mailing List
Cc: David Andrews
Subject: Re: [nfb-talk] Facebook

I suspect part of the problem is with the age of
your JAWS. JAWS 12 is at least 5 years old, and
Facebook uses lots of html5 etc.  You could
download a copy of JAWS 17, and run it in 40
minute mode, and try it, and see if this solves some of your problems.

Dave

At 04:03 PM 6/6/2016, you wrote:
>Hi, fellow Federationists, To make a long story short, I agreed to have my
>picture taken for Facebook as part of a cause I am involved with here in
>Maine.  That kind of inspired me to try to subscribe to Facebook.  I have
>done so and have had several friend requests.  But I am very new at this.
>I was with a sighted friend this afternoon and we were both getting
>frustrated because it wasn’t doing what it was supposed to do.  Things
>kept getting deselected, for example.  How do we do things like post to
>friends and look for other people we may want to “friend?”  How well
>does JAWS work with Facebook?  I have Windows 7 and JAWS 12.  Is there a
>tutorial one can find on-line to help novices?  Is there a book on BARD or
>available in accessible format anyone can recommend?  Do I have to do
>anything with cookies to make this work more effectively?  These are not
>urgent questions, but since everyone seems to use Facebook, I figured I
>would give it a try.  Thank you for any suggestions you may have.    Mark
>Tardif Nuclear arms will not hold you.
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org/markspark%40roadrunner.com

-----
No virus found in this message.