[nfb-talk] So very proud

kaye zimpher kaye.j.zimpher at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 21:10:54 UTC 2016

Well first, I want to say that being a waiter/waitress is a "real job." For
some, it is all they have, and it feeds, clothes and shelters their family
for as long as needed. To me, that's real enough.
As for the topic, DDining in the Dark would be a fun event. But as
previously stated, it is often hard to convince some that we don't have it
so bad.
One of the reasons I believe this is because there are many blind people who
do feel it is terrible to be blind. Some who have lost their sight later,
and even a few that are what I like to call "lifers," feel they are in a
tragic state and they grieve for what seems like a life time. Society plays
upon this view because it matches the view held by most of society.