[nfb-talk] NFB beginnings

steve.jacobson at visi.com steve.jacobson at visi.com
Wed Aug 9 01:48:23 UTC 2017

You may not know this, but many states in the United States had registers of
blind persons.  Some states that had laws requiring that docturs notify
certain officials if someone became legally blind that the state agency be
notified.  In addition, in many states, blind people who owned houses got a
very large discount on their property taxes through a homested exemption.
These exemptions were available to the public.  Some of this has changed
recently, but I would not be surprised if some of those laws were on the
books.  I do not know if the laws required a consent form or not.

Best regards,

Steve