[nfb-talk] Having Sleepovers with sighted friends

roanna bacchus rbacchus228 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 14:55:54 UTC 2017

Dear Members,

The subject of this email stems from an incident that happened to
me when I was in sixth grade.  One of my sighted friends invited
me to a sleepover at her house.  When I went home that evening, I
asked my mom if I could go to the sleepover and she said no.  I
was so sad because I could not go to my friend's house.  My
parents did not allow me to go because thex did not know my
sighted friend or her parents.  Should blind kids be allowed to
attend sleepovers with their sighted friends? Hope to hear from
you soon.