[nfb-talk] Finding an assistant

Tony Malykh anton.malykh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 22:36:09 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I have recently lost my eyesight. I am thinking about finding a paid
sighted assistant to help me here and there occasionally. Could
someone please recommend a way to find an assistant for hire?

Unfortunately I don't have any relatives in this country (I live in
Washington state). My friends can help me sometimes, but they are all
busy, and I would like to find a reliable way of solving small
problems, like filling out a form or walking me to a new unfamiliar
place.

I don't need assistant's services often; perhaps an hour every week or
even every two weeks. I can afford paying a reasonable amount of money
for this. I tried craigslist in my area, but I only saw professionals
like dentist's assistants offering their servies.

And also do you guys think is it ok to trust a paid assistant some
sensitive information, like my SSN?

(This is my first message here, so please forgive me if it's not the
right place to discuss such a question).

Thanks
Tony