[nfb-talk] Purpose of List

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sat Jan 21 19:44:26 UTC 2017

Hello:

As Moderator of this list I want to remind everybody of its
purpose.  Here is what is published:

  The purpose of NFB Talk is to disseminate News and
information about the NFB and its activities. It is also
intended for the discussion of NFB's philosophy of blindness and
topics of specific interest to members of the National Federation
of the Blind and our friends as they relate to the NFB, our
policies, activities and philosophy.

There has been a lot of discussion here, of late, concerning
President Trump, politics, and the like. This is a transition time
for all of us, some of the things that we considered to be norms in
politics and governing seem to be shifting. Consequently, I am trying
to be tolerant of a wide variety of messages as we all adjust to
changing times.

However, I do need to say that this list, and our others, do have a
purpose, and straight discussion of politics is not it. Further, as
we discuss ideas we need to not attack others for their positions,
and we need to be civil.

Thanks and happy listing!

David Andrews, Moderator