[nfb-talk] Finding an assistant

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 12:45:05 UTC 2017

Here here!

-----Original Message-----
From: nfb-talk [mailto:nfb-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Star Gazer
via nfb-talk
Sent: Wednesday, March 1, 2017 5:27 AM
To: 'kaye zimpher'; 'NFB Talk Mailing List'
Cc: Star Gazer
Subject: Re: [nfb-talk] Finding an assistant

			I totally agree with this, every word of it.
If you do get an assistant, treat it like an employer-employee relationship.
Know what you need and want done and how many hours a week the person will
need to work. If they drive you, will they use your vehicle or theirs? Know
how much you want to pay them. Make sure the candidates show up to
interviews on time, if they can't or don't or won't, move on. Don't hesitate
to let someone go who doesn't meet your needs and wants, this is the beauty
in hiring someone v. having friends help you.
Treat this like any other thing where a person might hire an employee, a
lawyer may have a secretary, a vet may have a tech, your need/want for an
assistant is just as valid as anybody's.
Remember, you are in control, always.