[nfb-talk] Glass and ceramics in the kitchenand the blind

Mary Donahue braille at satx.rr.com
Sun Apr 1 17:43:59 UTC 2018

 Good afternoon everyone,

	Both of us have been handling glassware in all parts of our homes
since we were young. It's just another example of people having low
expectations concerning the capability of blind persons to handle particular
types of objects such as glassware safely. You either need to help them
shape up their attitudes concerning your ability to do these tasks
successfully or move out on your own so you can build up your confidence
without someone trying to undermine it.

Peter Donahue