[nfb-talk] Fwd: [duxnews] NEW Perky Duck for Mac and Windows

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Wed Apr 18 15:09:32 UTC 2018

Jack,

To follow up on this and with the small bit of knowledge I have on this, I
believe that in Windows, one would have to read the scan codes generated by
each key.  This code, as you likely know, is not the same as the character
that is sent but actually represents the physical key that is being pressed.
As I recall, many keyboards generate a code when pressed and another when
released.  One has to get at this information in Windows using a different
call to the operating system and one may have to intercept an interrupt to
capture this.  I would assume that one has access to this level of hardware
interaction with Linux but I don't know that for sure.  I would guess one
does not get this sort of access if connected as a remote terminal, so that
may be an issue.  Somebody on NFBCS may know for certain.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson