[nfb-talk] New Jersy appeal

adrijana prokopenko adrijana.prokopenko at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 20:22:02 UTC 2018

Urgent message from Carol Castellano of New Jersey Parents of Blind
Children.  If you are blind and in NJ, please act now and share
widely!
Greetings to all!
We in the blindness community are concerned over the dismissal of Dan Frye
as Executive Director, which occurred on Monday, Jan. 15, and the future of
the NJ Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired.
In an effort to preserve high-quality services, we are aiming to have 200
blind people and parents of blind children call the Statehouse today and
tomorrow and then to follow up with an email and a letter.  We want them to
take notice!
We need to explain two things to our new Governor:
1. Dan Frye was the best thing to happen to blind people and the
  Commission in years.  He should rehire Dan to lead the Commission.
2. The Commission for the Blind is the most important agency in the
  lives of blind New Jerseyans because it provides services specific to
  blindness.
It is critical to keep it healthy and strong.
The number to call is 609-292-6000.  Tell them you want to leave a message
for the Governor and they will put you through to the Governor's office.
After you make your call, email the message to the Governor at
 constituent.relations at nj.gov.
Then send the same message in a letter to:
Office of the Governor
PO Box 001
Trenton, NJ 08625