[nfb-talk] new traffic patterns

Reyazuddin, Yasmin Yasmin.Reyazuddin at montgomerycountymd.gov
Fri Jun 1 12:47:54 UTC 2018

Hi All,
We in the federation family have always done well in travelling to places, riding the buses and just being independent. Whether we walk to our destination or take a bus or other public transport, we can do it without much trouble.
However we are facing an new kind of traffic pattern now. Bike lanes and floating bus stops are here. These are covered with truncated doams and color coded. Many intersections in Montgomery county MD, are like this and are been installed more and more. We will have to do something about it before it is too late. This will take away our freedom to walk on sidewalks and to catch a bus.
I do not know if other cities and jurisdictions are using these or have plans for it in their budgets here in MD or other parts of the country. The quiet cars were an hassle but these changes will impact us also.
My two biggest concerns are floating bus stops, as they can pop up at certain times of the day, when bike traffic is high.
The bike lanes are close to the intersections and just the Right turn on red, is problematic, these can also cause accidents.
If anyone else has heard or know such issues please write back.  I want to ask the O&m instructors what would you suggest should happen.
Yasmin Reyazuddin, Customer Service Representative II
MC311 Customer Service Center
Office of Public Information
1401 Rockville Pike., Suite #300
Rockville, MD 20852
phone: 240-777-0311
email: yasmin.reyazuddin at montgomerycountymd.gov<mailto:your%20name at montgomerycountymd.gov>

[cid:image001.gif at 01CB0E0B.602FB700][cid:image002.png at 01D23697.CA206D10]