[nfb-talk] social media vs. podcasts or streaming

John Heim john at johnheim.com
Thu Mar 15 16:10:38 UTC 2018

While I suppose that technically, podcasting isn't part of social media,
I am not sure many people would find that distinction meaningful. How
sure are you that a part of  the social media coordinator's job won't be
making podcasts?

Is the Braille Monitor available as a podcast?  I am guessing you can
already get it as a sound file, right? If you are already able to
download the Braille Monitor as a sound file, then all you need to do to
turn it into a podcast is to create an XML file describing those files
and upload that to the same place as the sound files. Viola, podcast!
The only difference between a collection of audio/video files and a
podcast is that XML file.

I'd be willing to create the XML file. I have a perl script that makes
it extremely easy.