[nfb-talk] Glass and ceramics in the kitchenand the blind

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 23:51:22 UTC 2018

Hi, Bill,
Sighted people break things, and you would clean up breakages just as they do. I wonder if your mom is concerned because of your diabetes. Do you have neuropathy? That would be of concern to me as a parent or a spouse of someone, especially if you need to depend on the sense of touch.

Having said that, when you break, (and I just did that not long ago, broke my favorite mug), you get on your hands and knees and patrol the area of breakage carefully, and throw away the big pieces.

Then Get out your vacuum and thoroughly vacuum the area with special attention to base board areas and crevices beside the refrigerator or under the oven.

BTW, I vacuum in bare feet all the time, because that's a  way to detect dirty areas on vinyl and carpet, plus you get the noise of dirt being sucked up by the vacuum.

My mom was sighted, and she vacuumed barefoot, too.

Hope this helps.

Judy
sent from the braille U2 Mini
"Embrace the day with its mercies and blessings!"