[NFB-Talk] Reversing the Role of blind and Sighted family members

Roanna Bacchus rbacchus228 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 13:59:36 UTC 2019

Dear Members,

Two weeks ago I was reading the Fall 2019 issue of Future Reflections. I came across Treva Olivero's article that discussed reversing the roles of teacher and student for a day. As I was reading this piece, I thought about what is would be like to reverse the roles of blind and sighted family members. Maybe it would deepen their understanding of blindness and what we as blind people go through on a daily basis. Would it make them more patient? I would love to hear your thoughts on this topic.

Roanna Bacchus