[NFB-Talk] Learning Music Braille

Jen spiderweb1 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 9 17:17:00 UTC 2022

 For those who want to learn braille music, here's an offering from the National Braille Press you can keep forever.
https://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/MUSIC.html

    On Tuesday, August 9, 2022 at 12:48:21 PM EDT, John Heim via nFB-Talk <nfb-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:

 Yesterday, I called the Hadley School For the Blind and I found out they
no longer offer most of the braille classes they once had. I took their
class on Nemeth code in 2017. They don't offer that any more or the
music braille course. I am not sure they have any actual classes
anymore. They have some things listed as workshops on fundamental braille.

The good news is that the book Hadley developed on learning music
braille is available from NLS. A few weeks ago, I got an email that said
patrons of NLS can get one braille book a month to keep forever. So I
filled out the form to request the Hadley book on learning music braille.

I guess we'll see. I can understand why Hadley dropped most of their
classes. Probably most people learn braille in grade school or high
school or not at all. The number of people who go blind as adults and
then bother to learn braille is probably very small. Still, I think it
is a shame this avenue for those of us who do choose to learn braille is
closed.

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for nFB-Talk:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org/spiderweb1%40sbcglobal.net