[NFB-Talk] Mask Mandates and Treads

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 03:12:42 UTC 2022

Hi, Margo,

The thing that concerns me is that with too many federal mandates of one kind or another, and looming maybe-catastrophes, that society would slowly accept a bunker mentality over time.

Do you remember in the 70s all the fuss and feathers over the energy shortage? None of what was being claimed happened. People are losing critical thinking skills, and it shows in the schools and colleges already. People being told what to think, told how to think, instead of figuring out things for themselves, being forced to adopt trends, instead of thinking out the answers for themselves.

Also realize I'm speaking in generalities about trends.

Global warming is another one. Since the beginning of weather tracking over 150 years ago, global warming and cooling have been tracked in alternating cycles. But no one wants to quote elderly meteorologists who have seen these trends come and go, or check the back-records.

Judy
sent from the Android HIMS braille tablet