[NFB-Talk] Rules for writing numbers in braille?

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 19:49:23 UTC 2022

Hi John:

I'm a proofreader for National Braille Press, so I refer back to the UEB rules regularly. In the example you describe, the G in "Go"  is capitalized because it is part of the app's name. Therefore, the dot 6 indicating the capital G would also terminate the number sign. FYI, if you were looking to do the same thing and the letter after the last number is lower-case, you would use a letter sign (dots 5-6).

In my work, I use a BRF copy of the UEB rule book which I would be glad to put in a Dropbox and send you off-list if you would like since it is a public record that can be freely downloaded. Here's a link to the PDF copy from its original publisher: https://iceb.org/Rules%20of%20Unified%20English%20Braille%202013.pdf

Hope this helps!

Chris