[NFB-Talk] Digital FM portable radio

John Heim sconnie.johnnie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 18:15:44 UTC 2022

I got my little radio yesterday and so far I love it. It is indeed very
small, with a surface area less than a credit card and a thickness of
about a quarter of an inch. The built-in rechargeable battery has an
advantage besides just being rechargeable, it is also part of the reason
the radio is so small. Even a couple of AAA batteries would make it much
larger.

Reception seems good. I haven't tried it inside a stadium yet.

Tuning is easy. Press one button to go left on the dial, press another
to go right. You can hold either button down to have it automatically
stop at the next station. I figured all this out w/o reading the
instructions. I have yet to scan those in. I don't know how to use the
presets.

I think I am going to use this radio with an old  bone-conduction wired
headset originally sold by AfterShokz. I don't believe they still sell
this particular model. It is wired and also has a rechargeable battery.
The advantage of this particular headset is that the speakers, such as
they are, are shaped like ear buds. So you can kind of wear them like an
ear bud headset in noisy situations. I figure at the game, I can quickly
put one side into my ear like an ear bud when something happens and the
crowd is making noise.

Anyway, I will have to see how this little radio holds up but so far,
for under $17, I am pretty happy with it.

See my message below for the linke on Amazon.