[NFB-Talk] Where to ask questions about braille transcription?

John Heim sconnie.johnnie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 17:04:28 UTC 2022

I suppose this is a long shot but does anyone know where would be the
best place to go to ask questions about braille transcription?

I am working on a project to create braille with a 3D printer. We have
code to take braille characters and draw the appropriate dots. But we
don't have a way to take plain text and transcribe that into braille. My
collaborators are asking me all kinds of questions about the rules for
transcribing plain text into braille and I simply don't know the answer
most of the time.

A good example is the string ABCs, that is Capital ABC and lower case s.
Liblouis transcribes that dot 6, dot 6, abc, dot 6, dot 3, s. But I
think it should be dot 6, dot 6, abc, dots 5 and 6, s.