[NFB-Talk] question about running a meeting where people raise their hands when they want to talk?

Raul Gallegos - NAGDU rgallegos at nagdu.org
Wed Aug 30 18:54:22 UTC 2023

Hi there this is a great question. Typically with many of the meetings that I have been to in a situation like this, what we do is have people announce their own name. I will typically say, if you raise your hand, your arm is going to get tired because you will never be acknowledged. I also say, do not seek the floor by saying my name because I already know what my name is. Therefore, it is suggested that the participant in the meeting say their own name and wait to be acknowledged. It is up to you as the meeting facilitator to take note as to which names you heard and in what order so that you can call them accordingly. I hope this helps.

--
Raul Gallegos / President
National Association of Guide Dog Users
346.439.7444 | RGallegos at nagdu.org