[NFB-Talk] Braille Menus During the National Convention

Mary Donahue braille at satx.rr.com
Thu Jun 22 23:09:37 UTC 2023

Hello everyone,

                This is just to let you know that the braille menus for the
1600, the in-room dining, the lobby bar, and the R24 Rooftop Lounge were
proofread today, and will probably be sent to the hotel as early as
tomorrow. I happened to be the one who proofread the menus, so if you find
any errors, they were print errors. Unfortunately, transcribers are not
allowed to correct print errors, and proofreaders are not allowed to let
transcribers correct such errors. Therefore, you can thank Education Service
Center, Region 20 Braille Services for transcribing, proofreading, and
producing the four menus. I am not sure whether the Marriott menus will be
brailled, but here's hoping they will,.

                Happy menu reading!

Mary Donahue