[NFB-Talk] Civil rights advocate, Judy Heumann, dies at 75

John Heim sconnie.johnnie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 18:45:45 UTC 2023

Well, if the culture is changing, I'm glad. The example you gave strikes
me as a little weak. How about all appliances having to be accessible,
not just medical ones?

We need to stop thinking it is better for us to adapt to society than
for society to adapt to us. At a basic level, That's not true. It can be
true sometimes when the cost for  society to adapt is too high. The
fundamental point here is that there is nothing wrong with trying to
change society. That, in fact, is a good thing.

There is nothing wrong with asking for the moon. What you can do is to
fight for all appliances to be made accessible. and if you have to,
settle for just medical appliances.