[NFB-Talk] Civil rights advocate, Judy Heumann, dies at 75

John Heim sconnie.johnnie at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 18:26:00 UTC 2023

I'm not "taking shots". This is constructive criticism.

Whether this criticism is still relevant is a legitimate question. But,
first of all, I don't think the NFB has reversed itself on any of these
positions, has it? How about if we foster a resolution at the next
convention saying the NFB is reversing its position on accessible
pedestrian signals. Are you in favor of that?

But secondly, and more importantly, talking about the example an
advocate like Judy Heumann set can never be a waste of time. At worse,
its a chance to rededicate ourselves. And is that so bad if it makes us
take a moment to appreciate what Judy Heumann accomplished?

Anyway, my guess is that the culture of the NFB hasn't changed much and
my opinions matter. You are welcome to your own opinions, of course.