[NFB-Talk] Bluetooth Headphones

Misty Kienzynski mkienzyn at alumni.iu.edu
Mon May 8 13:55:23 UTC 2023

Greetings.

I am currently looking for a pair of bluetooth headphones (NOT earbuds, as I have never been able to fit any I’ve tried into my ears and they block out critical  environmental sounds!) that have 5.0 bluetooth and are quickly and easily able to switch between paired audio sources (preferably 3 of them: my iPhone, the Envision glasses and my PC). I also need a quality microphone on them or, if I can’t get that, no mic at all so that recording goes to my iPhone mic. I also need extremely long battery life.

I have great difficulty with any headphone where it surrounds the ear as, when I walk, I feel ear pressure and hear thumping in the headphones. I would need something that rests completely on top of the ear or near or behind the ear.

I also need something that allows me to hear what is around me.

I have thought about getting bone-conducting headphones, but I have a mild hearing loss and I have heard that these have a very low volume. (The mild hearing loss is why I like to use headphones when listening to any audio source.

Any help finding that perfect bluetooth headphone that matches my above specifications would be much appreciated.

I apologize if this message is OT for this list and I am wondering if anyone here knows of any mailing lists for which this topic would be more appropriate.

—

Ms. Misty D. Kienzynski

Treasurer

Membership Chair

Historian

National Federation of the Blind—Indiana Affiliate

Phone: 812-381-0073

E-mail: mkienzyn at alumni.iu.edu

Twitter: @AuroraNebulosa

Bonitas non est pessimis esse meliorem. — L. Annaeus Seneca