[Nfb-utah] Fwd: United States Secretary of Transportation to Address Convention of National Federation of the Blind

Everette Bacon ebacon at utah.gov
Mon Jun 4 14:50:54 UTC 2012

Kevin,

Y'know I love you but I am on all of the same email lists you are and so I
will get this numeroust times!

Thanks anyway bro!

PS. Love the jelly beans!

Address Convention of National Federation of the Blind

*FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE*

* *

*CONTACT:*

Chris Danielsen****

Director of Public Relations****

National Federation of the Blind****

(410) 659-9314, extension 2330****

(410) 262-1281 (Cell)****

cdanielsen at nfb.org****

** **
United States Secretary of Transportation to Address Convention of National
Federation of the Blind****

** **

*Baltimore, Maryland (June 4, 2012): *The National Federation of the
Blind<http://www.nfb.org/>, the nation's largest organization of blind
Americans, is pleased to announce that the Honorable Ray LaHood, United
States Secretary of Transportation, will address some 3,000 attendees of the
NFB National Convention <http://www.nfb.org/national-convention> in Dallas
this summer.  Secretary LaHood will speak to the gathering on the afternoon
of Tuesday, July 3, at
4:30 p.m. CDT.****

** **

Dr. Marc Maurer <http://www.nfb.org/marc-maurer-bio>, President of the
National Federation of the Blind, said: "We are pleased to welcome Secretary
LaHood, a longtime friend to blind Americans, to our convention.
The ability to travel safely and independently <http://quietcars.nfb.org/>is
critical to the blind, and effective and rigorously enforced transportation
policy is needed to secure this right.  We look forward to hearing Secretary
LaHood's thoughts on this important topic."****

** **

Secretary LaHood said: "The President has called on us to build an ******
America**** where everyone gets a fair shot and everyone does their fair
share.  That starts with providing quality transportation options to all
communities, ensuring that all Americans have the opportunity to get where
they need to go, whether it's to work, school or the doctor.  I look forward
to discussing the work that DOT is doing to ensure those opportunities with
the National Federation of the
Blind<https://www.facebook.com/NationalFederationoftheBlind>
."****

** **

** **

*###*

** **

** **

*About the National Federation of the Blind*

With more than 50,000 members, the National Federation of the Blind is the
largest and most influential membership organization of blind people in the
****United States****.  The NFB improves blind people's lives through
advocacy, education, research, technology, and programs encouraging
independence and self-confidence.  It is the leading force in the blindness
field today and the voice of the nation's blind.  In January 2004 the NFB
opened the National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute, the first
research and training center in the ****United States**** for the blind led
by the blind. ****

** **

** **

--
Best Regards,

Kevin D. Ledford

"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do."

- John Wooden