[NFB-Utah] Happy Holidays

National Federation of the Blind of Utah jcnealey at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 00:49:28 UTC 2018

Fellow Federationists and Friends of the NFB of Utah!

I wanted to wish all of you a very happy holidays! Whether you celebrate
Christmas as we do in my home, or Hanukkah, or Kwanzaa, or something else.
The holidays are meant to bring people together in both celebration and
remembrance. I am lucky to have my wife Angela, my two dogs,  and immediate
family, and also all of you as my NFB family. We share a bond of recognizing
that we are blind, but that our blindness is not the characteristic that
defines who we are or what are future will bring. The work that we do to
raise expectations for ourselves, other blind people, and the general public
is not only a responsibility we all accept, it is also a way of life that we
believe in! We advocate for equality, we strive for security, and we work
for opportunities to live the life we want to live!

It is truly an honor to serve as the President of our organization, and it
is even more of an honor to have so many wonderful friendships with all of
you.

Please remember to add to your calendars the dates for our annual family
reunion at our NFB of Utah state convention! In 2019, our convention will be
held at the Salt Lake City Sheraton hotel located in downtown. The dates are
April 11-13 and this convention is sure to be one you will not want to miss!

Also please make plans to attend a monthly chapter meeting whether you live
in the Salt Lake area, Weber/Davis, Utah Valley, or the Red Rocks, there is
a meeting for you! If you can't attend in person, we also have a monthly at
large telephone conference call that takes place on the second Wednesday Of
each month. If you would like more information about any of our chapters,
please check out our website at www.nfbutah.org or send a reply to this
email and we will have someone reach out to you.

Once again, I wish all of you a wonderful holiday season and a Happy and
prosperous 2019!

Let's go build the federation!

Everette Bacon

President

National Federation of the Blind of Utah

www.nfbutah.org