[NFB-Utah] Love Utah Give tuesday 2018 Anouncement

Nfb Utah nfbutah at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 03:50:35 UTC 2018

Hello,

The NFB of Utah is proud to be participating in “Love Utah Give
Tuesday 2018! “What is “Love Utah Give Tuesday 2018“ and what can each
of us do to help? Here is a description of this exciting opportunity
provided by the hosts of this fund-raising event called The Community
Foundation of Utah.

“The Community Foundation of Utah is excited to announce the countdown
to Love Utah Give Tuesday 2018! This year, Love Utah Give Tuesday will
be held on Giving Tuesday, November 27, 2018, Love Utah Give Tuesday
celebrates the work of Utah nonprofits by promoting awareness for
donors to discover the great organizations in our community. Please
note: 100% of all donations pass through to the organization of
choice.”

This means that anyone from anywhere can go online and donate to the
organization of their choice on “” giving Tuesday” and 100% of their
donations go to their chosen organization. WE WANT THEM TO CHOOSE THE
NFB OF UTAH!

So … what we need from each member of the NFB of Utah is to spread the
word on social media, Facebook twitter snapchat and email or any other
social media platform you use. People will be most likely to donate to
organizations with positive presence and to organizations that
directly benefit their friends and acquaintances.

We need lots of fun posts. Maybe we should hold chapter contests for
the most creative innovative posts, or the ones that get the most
likes or shares. Perhaps a fun chapter event could be teaching people
how to share posts using accessible technology. Start talking about
this now in your chapter and division meetings so that more members
can get involved. We want to start getting people aware so that they
can go online during this event and give a donation to the NFB of
Utah.

A thought I have is for now start posting positive things on social
media about what the NFB of Utah has given you. At the end of the post
mention that you are excited about the opportunity to give back on
giving Tuesday by making a donation to the NFB of Utah. Another idea
is to post positive things that you have seen within the blind
community, the possibility for books to be globally accessible to
blind people because of the work the NFB has been doing to get
congress to pass the mirikesh treaty recently. Your enthusiasm and
passion about anything related will spark interest, keep mentioning us
in posts and the idea that the NFB of Utah is participating in this
donation fund razing event, and this is how we will generate interest
from people to donate to the NFB of Utah so that we can continue to
have a strong presence nationally and in our local communities.

If we start now to advertise in a positive way, we will be more likely
to raise more funds to do the amazing things we are currently doing
such as holding classy conventions, cool youth activities in Project
Strive, the annual BELL academy, participating in Washington Seminar,
and holding fun and educational events in our local communities in our
local chapters to name a few.

Let’s go build the federation!

--
National Federation of the Blind Utah