[NFB-Utah] Salt Lake September chapter Meeting

Nfb of Utah nfbutah at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 21:59:23 UTC 2018

NFB of Utah Salt Lake Chapter

Meeting Agenda

Blind People Living Big Lives in Salt Lake

September 22, 2018

Location: DSBVI/Blind Center

250 N. 1950 W. SLC, Utah

Green Line TRAX to 1940 West Stop

11:00 am:             Meeting starts. Introductions and welcoming new
members.

11:15 am:             The presidential release from National President, Mark
Riccobono.

11:30 am:             Treasurer's report: Mark Turley

11:35 am:             Discussion Time: "What Does 'Blind' Have to Do with
It? The Right to Parent from a Sighted Daughter's Perspective; By: Joanne
Gabias. (Lead by Ken Duke).

11:50 am:             Ten Minute Tech: Karl Smith

12:00 pm:            Break.

12:10 pm:            Fun with Fundraising: Ken Duke

12:20 pm:            Chapter Members Doing Big Things in our Community:
Panel and Q&A.

Maeve, 5-year-old blind child;

Selena and Teron, Blind parents raising a child;

Paul, Blind hiker/biker/adventurer.

& More!

12:40 pm:            Discuss our upcoming Braille Carnival

12:50 pm:            Conclusion and door prize drawing.

1:00 pm:               Adjourn

SLC Chapter Upcoming Events and Activities

October 27th:    Meet the Blind Month: Braille Carnival and Chili Cook Off.

November 17th:                               Chapter meeting at DSBVI

December 15th:                               Annual Chapter Christmas Party

January 26th:                     Chapter meeting at DSBVI

February 23rd:                  Chapter meeting at DSBVI and Elections