[NFB-Utah] The Countdown is on to the Auction Event of the Year: 04/13/2019

Nfb of Utah nfbutah at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 03:16:29 UTC 2019

62 years strong and an auction to live up to the name of the National
Federation of the Blind of Utah. Together we are changing what it means to
be blind, and Together we will experience an auction filled with the new,
lightly used, and vintage Auction Items:

1. New: As Deja Powell transitioned into the role of Salt Lake Chapter
president, charging ahead and implementing her vision, she realized that
there just wasn't enough time in the day to coordinate the NFBU Fashion
Show. If this agenda omission has left you wanting, or left your wardrobe
with a plus one begging to be shown to the world; get ready to get your
cosplay on at FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention.  NFBU Action Committee will
be auctioning off 4 Multipass to FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention, the
Multipass is a great way to experience all three days of the show! This pass
is an excellent option for those who want to pick and choose their FanX Salt
Lake Comic Convention 2019 experience, including:

. 2-Day General Admission

. Panel Programming

. Vendor Floor Access

. RFID Wristband

. Ability to upgrade *if selected options are still available

. **All babies and children 8 years old and younger are FREE with the
purchase of an Adult Pass**

2. Lightly Used: Is it just me, or has this year's winter been more grey and
somber than most? Is there a better way to cure cabin fever or seasonal
doldrums than that of a vacation? Well actually, yes. A vacation to a
tropical climate. Experience all the thrill, excitement, and luau that you
can handle when you win the NFBU Shell Vacation Club Timeshare. Experience a
7 night stay at the Resort on Kwai Island in Hawaii, travel and travel
related costs not included. May also be used as an applicable 5000 points
for transfer to any viable Shell Vacation Club Resort, some exclusions
apply.

3. Vintage: Are you ready to jet off to faraway places? The world is full of
promise and possibility and with this prize you can explore the continental
United States (some exclusions apply), bid now before these 4 one-way
vouchers (2 round trip) on Jet Blue fly off.

Please pay special attention to your Vendor Fair Bingo cards this year, the
Auction Preview has made its debut.  Stop by the Auction Preview to not only
complete your Vendor Fair Bingo but to also receive an Auction Swag Bag as
our thank you for being you.

Psst.  Between the two of us, make sure to get your Utah Taffy at our
jetBlue Taffy for Trip layover, table will be located adjacent to the
Auction Preview and wherever jetBlue flies.  $10.00 for your taffy and a
chance to win 2 round trip jetBlue vouchers, accepting: paypal
(nfbofutahtaffy4trip at gmail.com); all major credit cards; cash; and check.
Drawing will be held during the convention banquet, Saturday, April 13

And, just in-case you are still not planning on making yourself known at the
Auction Preview, in checking the auction item list, thrice, there seems a
growing concern .

The Federation Family and our local businesses across Utah have generated so
much buzz and excitement, that the Live Auction might have an excess of 50
auction items.  Remember, auction items in excess of 50 might not have the
opportunity to be Live Auctioned, as such there would be a dedicated area
within the auction preview room for Silent Auction items.  These items will
only be available to bid on during the Auction Preview, Friday, April 12
from 4-7pm, and at the close of the Auction Preview the highest bidder will
win the item.  Winners will be announced throughout the general session on
Saturday, anyone who is not in attendance during the general session would
be contacted separately for payment and collection of the item(s).

Chapter presidents and those outstanding Federationists who are planning on
contributing an item and/or basket to the auction, please be advised that
Saturday, April 6 is the last day to get: item descriptions; fair market
value; and suggested starting bids to me for guaranteed braille
transcription.  Item descriptions received after Saturday, April 6 will not
be guaranteed the opportunity to be brailled; please help me make this
auction as successful and accessible as possible for all of our members.
Please send donor information: name; social media information (Twitter
handle or Facebook page); and website if applicable by April 6th as well.