[NFB-Utah] Audio Description Christmas video produced by LDS church

nfbutah at gmail.com nfbutah at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 19:33:33 UTC 2020

Fellow Federationists and Friends of the NFB of Utah:

As the largest and oldest civil rights organization of the blind and for the blind. It is important to recognize when other entities are doing good work. Below is a message from our Secretary, Barbie Elliott about audio description being added to a Christmas video from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I recognize that not all of us are members of the LDS church, but I still believe it is important to call your attention to this step towards accessibility.

Here is a link to the Christ Child video with audio description that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints put out to celebrate the Christmas season this year. This is the first year they have produced an audio described version of their Christmas video.

If you like this and would like to enjoy more videos made with description from the church , please send feedback to Katie Steed at the church disability department at steed.katie at ChurchofJesusChrist.org <mailto:steed.katie at ChurchofJesusChrist.org>  . The more positive feedback we can give for these projects, the more likely it is that they will produce more videos with description. The description is done with a computer generated synthetic voice, but it is a step in the right direction. Please share with your blind friends and let’s make it known that we appreciate the efforts being made to have descriptive videos made for us.

Here’s the link to the described version of the Christ Child Video. I hope you enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp55sxtMYYI