[NFB-Utah] September 26 NFB Salt Lake Chapter Zoom Meeting and Auction

nfbutah at gmail.com nfbutah at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 03:14:46 UTC 2020

Fellow Federationists and Friends of the NFB of Utah (

Salt Lake Chapter),

The NFB of Utah hopes you are keeping safe and healthy. We are so excited to tell you about a fun opportunity to win some fun prizes. Our NFB Utah State  Convention is coming up in October. The dates are October 9 and 10th. We are going virtual! Register by September 20 to be eligible to vote and have a chance to win door prizes.

On September 26 during the Salt Lake Chapter virtual meeting, we are putting on a practice auction.  Now some of you might wonder  why?  Well, we want everyone to have the opportunity to raise and lower their virtual hand while using a Zoom meeting telephone number or if you are joining the meeting using a Zoom link on your computer, tablet, or smart phone.  the auction can move pretty quickly. And we want to give everyone the chance to bid on something.

One of the auction items worth 50 dollars is  a medium size bag with   fabulous items. Including an iPhone tripod, An iPhone dongle, A Blue tooth remote for taking pictures from far away. Or with a group of friends. A head phone cord rapper, so you can put them in your bag with no problems.  We will also have a Halloween candy jar auction item worth 25 dollars for bidding.  Additionally, we will have  a   25 dollar gift card for a door prize during the chapter meeting. We very much look forward to having you be  involved.

Meeting information and agenda below.

When: Saturday September 26 , 2020 from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
 Location: From  your home using the Zoom meeting platform, you can download the Zoom app on your phone or your desktop. Or you can simply get the one touch number below and it will dial you straight in. Below is how to connect.

To Join NFB of Utah Zoom meetings:

https://zoom.us/j/8061136194

meeting ID: 806-113-6194.

One tap mobile

+17207072699,,,8061136194#

Salt Lake Chapter  Meeting Agenda

*       Welcome and introductions.

*       National Federation of the Blind Presidential release by Mark Riccobono.

*       Utah Affiliate Report by Everette Bacon.

*       Chapter report and business by Ken Duke.

*       Origins of the NFB Pledge.

*       Auction and Door Prize.

*       Adjourn

Special announcement, after the chapter meeting from 1:30 – 3:30 the family and NFB friends of Laura Hathaway are sponsoring an open house memorial for her. Those who knew and loved her are invited to attend and share their thoughts and memories. The memorial will be held at DSBVI in the multi-purpose room and rooms 218 and 219 so those attending can maintain social distancing guidelines outlined by state health authorities. Visitors are asked to wear masks while inside the building. For questions contact Karl Smith at 801-652-5285 or karl at axistech.net <mailto:karl at axistech.net> .

Follow us for events, announcements, and fun at:

Facebook:  <https://www.facebook.com/saltlakechapter/> Salt Lake Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Utah

 <https://www.facebook.com/saltlakechapter/> @saltlakechapte <https://www.facebook.com/saltlakechapter/> Twitter handle: @nfbutah_slc <https://www.facebook.com/saltlakechapter/> Instagram: nfbuslchapter