[NFB-Utah] April Utah Guide Dog Call

nfbutah at gmail.com nfbutah at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 14:11:22 UTC 2021

Hi awesome guide dog users and friends!

I hope you all are having a fantastic spring so far! We are well into 2021 and things seem to slowly opening up and getting back to some amount of normalcy. I am so excited about our call this month! First, a few announcements, I want to welcome Kacie Quinn to the group. She is receiving her first guide dog from Leader Dogs for the Blind in Michigan. She will be home trained one on one. Congrats and welcome Kacie, good luck in training with your new partner!

For this month we are pleased to hear from a puppy raiser from Guiding Eyes for the Blind. her name is Kyle Meade. She has raised six guide dogs for GEB. She has great insight on obedience training, the training process, and so much more! Here is a little blurb about her and what she's all about!

"Hi! I’m Kyle Meade. I live in New York State and have been volunteering with Guiding Eyes for the Blind for about six and a half years as a puppy raiser, brood foster, and campus volunteer. I am currently raising my sixth puppy. My “day job” is “Customer Experience Advocate” at the Veterinary Emergency Group. I share my home with four dogs (a retired yellow lab guide, a pet chocolate lab, a retired yellow lab brood, and a yellow lab pup-on-program) and five cats. In my free time I like to learn about dog behavior, go for hikes, and compete in dock diving with my chocolate lab."

Please join our call on Saturday, April 24th at 3PST, 4pm MST, 5pm CST, and 6 EST.

Where: Over Zoom wherever you are!

To join the meeting, Call or login
https://zoom.us/j/8061136194
One tap mobile: +17207072699,,,8061136194#

I Can't wait to get together again!

--

My Best,

Tina Haskin-Reisner