[NFB-Utah] BELL Academy Coordinator

nfbutah at gmail.com nfbutah at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 04:50:54 UTC 2022

Fellow Federationists and Friends of the NFB of Utah!

For many outstanding years, Wendy Bybee has successfully coordinated our NFB of Utah BELL Academy Program. Because of health concerns, we are in the process of recruiting a new coordinator for 2022. The qualified candidate should be an avid braille user, has a definite love for braille and blind children, and is willing to work with parents, teachers, agencies, and other programs to recruit, partner, and grow our program.

I have listed some of the qualifications we will be looking for below. If you or someone you know are interested in this extremely  important position, please reach out to me at nfbutah at gmail. <mailto:nfbutah at gmail.com> com

* Finds a location for the in-person academy
* Works with the president, board, and other local interests to choose dates for the in-person academy
* Actively works to recruit families
* Communicates with parents
* Recruits and helps train volunteers on specific duties
* Helps with fundraising and/or grant writing
* Plans food for the in-person academy
* Writes the final report at the end of the academy
* Works with affiliate members to plan parent engagement for during the academy
* Coordinates transportation
* Works with the affiliate to coordinate mentoring for any participants in the NFB BELL(r) Academy In Home Edition

Thank you and let’s go build the NFB of Utah!

Everette Bacon

President

National Federation of the Blind of Utah

www.nfbutah.org <http://www.nfbutah.org>