[NFB-Utah] Santa Loves Braille Readers

Nfb Utah nfbutah at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 21:55:22 UTC 2022

More than ten years ago, Santa asked us in the federation  to be his
honorary elves. Ever since, we've been helping him send letters in
contracted Braille to blind children who are ten years old and younger
in the United States. Along with the Braille letter, Santa includes a
print letter so that those who might not read Braille can follow
along. He also includes other fun holiday activities.
Winter Celebration Letters

We are excited to also offer winter-themed Braille letters so that
parents of children ages ten years or younger can select the option
that best fits their family. Along with the Braille letter, the
celebration packet includes a print letter so that those who might not
read Braille can follow along. English and Spanish available.

Request Your Child's Santa or Winter-Themed Letter Today

The deadline to request a Santa or winter-themed letter for your child
is December 17, 2022. Request your child's letter
today<https://nfb.org/programs-services/early-childhood-initiatives/santa-letters/english-form>

More Information

For more information about our education programs, please contact us
at education at nfb.org<mailto:education at nfb.org> or 410-659-9314,
extension 2418.

2022/2023 Braille Readers are Leaders Contest
Save the Date & Get Reading List Ready

The National Federation of the Blind is proud to partner with the
American Action Fund for Blind Children and Adults for the 2022-2023
Braille Readers Are Leaders contest. This Braille literacy contest is
for students and adults learning Braille across the U.S. to compete
against participants in similar contest categories for seven weeks.
Participants will:
1.       Register and log minutes read each day online using Beanstack
2.       Log the number of minutes read. Earn prizes and fun badges
3.       Read the most minutes in your category and receive a cash
prize in addition to all other prizes earned.
4.       Earn entries into a drawing for a fabulous grand prize! The
more minutes you read, the more entries you earn.

The contest will begin on December 5, 2022 and run through January 23,
2023. Registration opened November 7 and will remain open until
January 23rd. Get your reading list ready. We are excited to get
started reading with you!

Encourage more Braille. Improve reading skills. Win prizes.

To learn more and register:

https://www.actionfund.org/programs/braille-readers-are-leaders#:~:text=If%20you%20are%20just%20learning,more%20entries%20you%20will%20receive.

     CONTACT US

     Do you still have questions? Contact us at:

     American Action Fund for Blind Children and Adults
     ATTN: Braille Readers Are Leaders
     1800 Johnson Street
     Baltimore, MD 21230
     BrailleReadingContest at actionfund.org<mailto:BrailleReadingContest at actionfund.org>
with BRAL in the subject line or call 410-659-9315.

--
National Federation of the Blind of Utah
Hotline 801-info-nfb (801-463-6632)