[NFB-Utah] Blind Girl Designs at NFB of Utah Convention

nfbutah at gmail.com nfbutah at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 23:22:47 UTC 2024

Fellow Federationists!

Our Annual NFB of Utah family reunion is getting closer! Each week, we will highlight something exciting for our convention!

Our theme this year is provided by Laura Vincent and Cheralyn Johnson:

“Launch into Action! Be strong enough to stand on your own, Smart enough to know when you need help, and Brave enough to know when to ask!”

Registration link <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSch3Qre4ZGa6nr0ZExWLp9RnXBT2RZeBYgkYTt1UNeTThoh2w/viewform?usp=sharing>

Hotel Link <https://www.marriott.com/events/start.mi?id=1691170840996&key=GRP>

National Representative Denise Avant, Special Guest Astro Access Lindsay Yazzalino and so much more!

Our Title sponsor is Comcast!

Check out a message below from one of our exciting exhibitors!

Everette Bacon

Secretary, National Federation of the Blind

801-631-8108 | ebacon at nfb.org <mailto:%20ebacon at nfb.org>

 Hi everyone! I am Tricia from Blind Girl Designs and we are very excited to exhibit at the NFB convention in Utah on April 12 and 13th!

I have retinitis pigmentosa, and our product is designed for our community. Our T-shirts, hoodies, and tote bags are unisex size small through five XL for men and women. We have 30 different prints which  feature white canes as a substantial and whimisical  part of the art, or  tactile braille.

Our prints are all tactile. We are available and ready to audio describe everything to you on the print while you feel it, as well as, we will be bringing dresses and cardigans, and we will audio describe those as well and fit you!

The best way to feel our prints is to lay your hand flat and slide it across the garment. Please don’t be timid! We love it when you can read our prints with your hands!

We will also be creating a special Utah T-shirt for our visit! . The print  will be made of 3-D tactile  white puff ink featuring beautiful mountains, a dazzling sun, and of course, the word,” Utah “ spelled out innboth characters, and in readable braille. We will be printing these on both red and royal blue!

Please feel free to visit us at our website at blindgirldesigns.com- and don’t feel shy about giving us a call at 862-448-1011 in case you want to pre-order something( for us to bringto the convention), place an order,   or  if you  just have questions. It is our delight to chat with you.

Looking forward to meeting you, Tricia and team.