[NFB-Utah] Personal invitation to SLAC’s Summer Show: Close Encounters of the Beehive at Salt Lake Acting Company

nfbutah at gmail.com nfbutah at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 03:04:32 UTC 2024

Hello,

I hope this email finds you well and full of joy.

My name is Latoya Cameron. I am Salt Lake Acting Company’s (SLAC) resident Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Dramaturg. I am reaching out on behalf of my colleague, Emily Sinclair, whom you already have a relationship with. It is lovely to meet you via email and I hope to connect with you in person soon.

I wanted to invite your organization to our upcoming production of  <https://saltlakeactingcompany.org/component/k2/item/1699-slac-summer-show-close-encounters-in-the-beehive> SLAC’s Summer Show: Close Encounters of the Beehive, written by local playwrights Olivia Custodio, David Knoell,  and Penelope Caywood. The play opens June 26th and runs until August 18th. A political satire with singing and dancing about the quirky and strangeness of Utah.

Play Description:

When two aliens are sent on a mission to Earth, they’re not quite sure what they will find. However, their instructions are clear: determine if Earth is worth saving by observing its people and their lives. Only problem - they’ve landed in Salt Lake City where people are… unique. SLAC’s Summer Show is back with a comedic out-of-this-world romp in the Beehive State as we follow our intergalactic friends and their close (maybe too close) observation of the Jorgensen family.

This is the only play were we let our patrons bring food and beverages of their choice into the theater to enjoy while watching the performance. You can look forward to having a unique experience and a good time.

Our Audio Described performance for this run will be on July 7th at 6:00 pm. Use the  code  <https://purchase.saltlakeactingcompany.org/ChooseSeats/2096> ACCESS15 for $15 dollar tickets or ACCESSFREE for a comp ticket. You can use that code on our website  <https://saltlakeactingcompany.org> saltlakeactingcompany.org, or provide it when you call the box office at 801-363-7522 Monday - Friday from 11:00 am - 5:00 pm.

I have attached a flyer to distribute to those within your organization and for others you might feel would enjoy this experience.

We hope to see you there!

With Joy,

Latoya