[Nfb-web] html script to load video

Don Bomer (Tex) dbomer at txwinet.com
Wed Dec 3 06:31:45 UTC 2008

Hi Milton,

You don't need anything except the following html to play a WMV file.  When
double-clicked, the Open / Save / Cancel dialog opens and the user has the
choice to see it now or let it download first if on a slow connection.

------------
On", Video version</a>
------------

That's the actual code on my church website for the video of a sermon that I
made last May.   It consists of a number of pictures in a slideshow during
the sermon. I used Muvee V6 to produce it.  (I am sighted, for those of you
who don't know me).  You can try it for yourself at
http://www.ststeve.org/sermons.htm.

I precede the link with the following instructions / html so that users may
also download whatever player they may need for either PC or Mac:

-------------
The following is the most recent available sermon which also contains video;
that being several photographs repeating throughout the sermon. This is a
Microsoft WMV file, playable on a PC. It is also playable on a Mac if <a
href="http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=915d874d-d747-4180-a400-5f06b1b5e559&DisplayLang=en"
target="_blank">Windows Media Components for Quicktime</a> is installed for
the QuickTime player or if <a
href="http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=75ee2b64-5184-422a-91b6-20eed03e6175&DisplayLang=#"
target="_blank">Windows Media Player 7.1 for Mac</a> or <a
href="https://order.real.com/pt/order.html?country=US&language=EN&mppi=0&mppos_list=0&mpst=0&ppath=cpmacpl060204a&pageregion=player_button&pcode=rn&opage=sp_os_mac&src=rpchoice_0_3_1_0_0_1_0,sp_os_mac"
target="_blank"> Real Player for Mac OS X</a> is installed (all free
downloads).<br><br>

I hope this is what you need.

Warm regards,

Don...