[Nfb-web] NFB Released Alerts

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 15 16:56:54 UTC 2008

Hello Arnold and listers,

    There's a technique to display text from other Web sites on your own
site's page called mashing. Site pages which contain data from other sources
are called, "Mashups." You need to a technique such as AJAX to build Web
mashups to allow content like the news releases to appear on your site
pages. I'm wanting to learn it myself. This is another route in addition to
RSS. Perhaps the easiest technique is an RSS Feed. Those wishing to receive
press releases will need to subscribe to the feed to receive them whenever
they're published. Talk to you later.

Peter Donahue